Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend


For Labor Day Weekend Alma, an old friend from Texas, decided to come and visit me. We decided to make this a little get together and so we decided to call Azul, another old friend from Texas who now lives in Provo. It was so much fun, it was nice to have a little old school reunion. We hadn't seen each other together in over 6 years and being able to get together was the best. We went to Snowbird and rode the tram and we also went to Mirror Lake, it was cold at both places. I have posted up some pictures, the scenery was beautiful. Azul is on the log next to me and Alma is in the log. This is at Mirror Lake.

We can never seem to get Brisa to smile when we want her to. I'm sure other parents have the same problem with their children, oh well. We just can't go anywher without taking a silly picture, sorry, I could not post them all up here. Check my facebook page.
Mirror Lake
Bald mountain right next to Mirror Lake.
Brisa took this picture, I think she did a really good job.
This is at the top of the Tram ride at Snowbird up Little Cottonwood Canyon.

This is at the top of the Tram ride at Snowbird looking down on the other side of the mountain.


I was able to try something new. Alma is a big sushi fan and so she made us take her to a sushi place and I had to try it, it was very adventureous for me because I have always said that I would never eat raw fish and guess what? I had some :o I tried raw salmon and I must say that it was not as bad as bad as I thought it was. I think it tasted a bit funny only because I kept thinking that it was raw fish. I also tried the Vegas roll which involves salmon, crab, avocado and cream cheese, tempura dipped, topped w/ sumo sauce & eel sauce. I tried something else which I don't remember, but I must say that it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I think I will be going back to try some other stuff. Sorry to say we did not take pictures there, maybe next time.







1 comment:

Monica McCoy said...

Sounds like so much fun! Your blog background is so cute!