Monday, October 13, 2008

Making Pumpkin Bread and Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

So in a few days it is going to be both my dad and father-in-laws birthday so Brisa and I decided that we would make them a gift instead of buy them a gift. We decided to make pumpkin bread and chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. Brisa had loads of fun doing this. I learned a new thing about Brisa today which I will explain in one of the following pictures.

Brisa had to sit on the table to be able to stir the thick batter. It was funny because she would complain about her arms getting tired.

More mixing.
This is the new thing I noticed about Brisa. She seems to stick out her tounge while she is concentrating. She was trying to count out 4 of these 1/2 teaspoons of cinnamon and each time she scooped up another half teaspoon she stuck her tounge out. I let Brisa measure out the smaller ingredients, like cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and baking powder. She was generous with those measurements sometimes, I was worried that the recipes weren't going to come out as good but surprisingly they did. They were better than any set of cookies and bread I have ever made.
Brisa LOVED greasing the pans. You can't really see it in this picture but Brisa is sticking out her tounge. Once again she is concentrating on spreading the butter. I thought this was so cute.
Here is a picture of the chocolate chip pumpkin cookies and the pumpkin bread. They look beautiful. Now I get to wrap them up and box up my dad's cookies and bread and mail it off so that he can get it by his birthday. In case anyone is wondering, my dad is turning 50 years old on October 16 but looks incredibly young, GO DAD.










No comments: