Monday, February 9, 2009

A New Year and a New Life

We realized when we were unpacking that we had A LOT of books. We had several boxes that we could not unpack because they were filled with books. We didn't have enough money to go out and buy a bookshelf so Kody decided to build one, which was cheaper. It turned out gorgeous, you can't really see the nice wood color, but it is a gorgeous natural looking wood color. If you were to come and look at it you would think that it was store bought. We now do not have any more boxes to unpack... WE ARE OFFICIALLY UNPACKED!
I was finally able to go to my school and take a couple of pictures. I teach at Clear Creek High School, home of the wildcats. The sign looks red but the colors are Maroon, White and Black, the same as my high school.

This is a picture of the front of the school, it looks really little in this picture, you can't even see the 2nd floor but it is a huge school, this school only holds 10-12 grade, the ninth grade center gets a different building.

This next picture is of Brisa with her hair straightened. Yes, we were playing with hair do's again. I think she looks better, what do you think?

I have to announce that my brother is getting married. This is a picture of them at my parents house. Her name is Carmen Ruiz Arguello, she is from Nicaragua, and I've known her for a long time. We grew up together in church and I know her to be an awesome woman, I think she will make my brother very happy, I can already see changes in him.
My brother is planning to get married on January 9, 2010. I hope to see everyone at the wedding, I will be posting an invitation near the end of the year.

3 comments:

Monica McCoy said...

Way to go! That book shelf looks amazing!

Emily said...

I'm very impressed with the book shelf! I think Brisa's hair looks really cute straight but I also love her curls! She's a beautiful girl!

Julie and Amos said...

We miss you guys! How is the new job going? I think it's about time for another blog post... :)