Sunday, February 20, 2011

Valentine's Day

I LOVE Valentine's Day. I don't know why people hate it so much with a passion. I have never felt pressure to buy my husband anything and my husband feels the same way about buying me gifts. This year he bought me 2 dozen tulips and had them sent to my work. It was such a shocking moment when I had a box delivered to my room during 5th period Algebra I class. At first I thought they were for the kids because the school had carnations delivered to those who bought flowers. Then I looked at the box and my full name was on there. I opened in front of my students, the girls were saying "aaww.. that is so sweet." I kinda felt bad, their little single carnation looked pretty pitiful next to my 24 tulips.When I got home, Kody had a hilarious surprise for me. Apparently he had hidden my turtles, my favorite chocolates, and a box of Wal-Mart's $1 chocolates in the closet under some of his clothes. He had showered earlier that morning and put his clothes on. Within 10 minutes, he started to feel sharp stings on his legs and arms. He noticed that he had several ants on him. He quickly changed into clothes that were not on the chocolates. When he checked on my chocolates, he noticed that they were fine. The Wal-Mart chocolates did not have the same luck. Take a look:I just laughed. My poor little Kody had ant bites all over his body. The good news, all of my turtles survived. They were wrapped in plastic so the ants never made it in. YAY!

No comments: