Thursday, August 2, 2012

Our Summer Vacation 2012

I know summer is not over yet but we have had so much fun.  We have spent time in Dallas and in Utah, and  yes, we drove to each of those places with our three little girls and our little dog.  We have been very adventurous and trying new things.

While in Dallas we went to the Dallas Zoo, which I must say has remodelled many areas and is now a nice place to go visit.  I would highly recommend the children's area which has a little river in which the children can play.  In the children's area you can ride a horse, which I thought would be amazingly fun but Ayva thought otherwise. 

Brisa, and her cousin, Arianna did enjoy the horse rides.

At the zoo you will notice an area that has a lot of stone figurines.  Ayva enjoyed these because she was able to touch these "animals."  To her, it was cool.  



Let's hope she doesn't approach animals so easily in the future.  I have a feeling we might have animal bight issues later.

BIG KOI POND
There was a huge koi pond where you could feed the big koi fish.  It was funny seeing all the fish follow your hand thinking you are going to feed them.

I'm sure we all know what this is.  The lovely petting zoo.  We had the wonderful opportunity to see one of these little creatures poop their little pellets out.  Not the prettiest thing.

This next part was awesome.  We were actually allowed to feed the giraffes.  I have never done this and I have never known of a zoo that lets you feed these tall animals.  They came right up to you and they were not afraid of sticking out their tongue. 


If you are wondering why my child is not wearing any shorts it is because they got wet and then were placed on top of our wagon to dry.  We later figured out that her shorts fell off and then were picked up by someone who never returned them to the lost and found.  My poor little girl walked through out the zoo pantless.  

My little Naiya really didn't make it into any of the pictures except for this one.  She happily sat in our new wagon where she played with her toys.  
I'm sure we all have pictures like these.  After a fun filled family adventure, all the kids hop on into the car and fall asleep before you even leave the parking lot.
\

While in Dallas, we were waiting for my sister-in-law to have her baby.  We waited, and waited, and waited until she was finally induced a day after her actual due date.  My little brother is now a daddy and can now know my pain.

Welcome 
Emily Cecilia Rodriguez
July 16, 2012


About 3 hours after Emily was born, we packed up and started our long drive to Utah.  This was not fun at all.  I swear Ayva and Naiya agreed before hand to take turns crying.  We made it to Utah without stopping at a hotel.  We drove all the way and only slept for about 2 hours behind a gas station.

We lived in Utah for 4 years and there is still so much that we did not do while there.  We were able to ride the Heber Valley Railroad.  It is a very old train so don't expect anything fancy.  No matter how old, my girls still enjoyed it.

 Naiya enjoyed a seat all to herself.


 My two little girls seemed to pick a new habit while in Utah and I don't know where they got it from.  They have both started to suck on their lower lip.
 Both Ayva and Naiya.  They never did this before but I thought it was interesting that they both started doing it out of nowhere.
 No matter where she is, Naiya always finds a nice comfy place to have her bottle.


I'm sure many of you know that Brisa has turned 8 years old and will be baptized  on August 4th.  We had a little family get together to celebrate this milestone.  My mother-in-law made this beautiful cake to celebrate Brisa's baptism. 

 While in Utah we bought Brisa her white dress, which she picked out herself.  It was interesting to learn that my little girl had her own vision of what she wanted in a dress.  I loved other dresses but she picked this one.  She is starting to have a strong opinion on what she likes and doesn't like.  
 These are the little grandchildren sitting around the table and eating cake and ice cream.  It's the only time they will sit still.
 That night we were able to enjoy some fireworks outside.  I thought that it was going to be an enjoyable event for all of my girls but I found out that Ayva did not like the loud cracks they made.  She sat on my lap the entire time with her head facing away from the fireworks with her blankie.  She would not let me sit her in a chair or hand her off to anybody else.

That night we found both Brisa and Ayva asleep together.  They each have their own bed to sleep in but when we went in to check on them we found them like this.


On this day we went up to Snowbird and I must say that you will never have enough time to do everything they offer.  I have gone so many times to Snowbird and it still doesn't stop surprising me.
 They had a little area where you could sift through dirt to find gold like the miners did.   It was fun.  We didn't find any gold but we found some colorful rocks.
 My little Naiya had fun sitting and talking to grandma.
 I highly recommend taking the tram up to the top of the mountains.  There is gorgeous scenery of the Salt Lake Valley.  


 This is the valley on the other side of the mountain.  I'm not sure if it has a name but you can see so much and it is breathtaking when you see it in person.
 Like I said, there is so much to do at Snowbird.  Here Brisa is on the trampoline.
 She had so much fun doing flips in the air.
 We also got on their Mountain Flyer.  This is a fun ride.  For some reason I do not have any pictures of me riding it.  This is basically a zip line except you get to sit on a big chair with a friend.  

We also rode the Alpine Slide.  We do not have pictures of this but it is a luge slide and it is so much fun.    I highly recommend you go visit Snowbird if you ever go to Utah.

And once again, my little girls passed out before we even left the parking lot.  Can you tell they had a lot of fun?


We also went to City Creek Center. It is the new mall in downtown Salt Lake City and I must say that it is beautiful.  It is an outdoor mall but it has a retractable ceiling in case it rains or snows.  It has a river running right through the middle with rainbow trout in it.  The mall also allows you to bring your dog while you are outside of the shops.  They have little doggie bags for you if you need them.  I know they put a lot of thought into it.  It is really fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many of you did not know that I have been working on a quilt for Brisa's baptism for a long time. I started working on it in August of 2011.  I wanted to give myself a full year to finish it because I knew that I would not have a lot of time to do it since I had just had my third little girl.  I only worked on it during holidays. (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Spring Break, Summer Vacation)
I finally finished her quilt only 5 days before her baptism.  I am so proud of myself.  I have never done a piece quilt.  This was my first one and it was so much fun.  I am already looking to do another one.

Since I am a teacher and Kody is a student we find that we have 3 months vacation every year and every year for the past 3 years we have left our home for at least a month.  This was the first year that we've owned a house and the first year that we found out just what happens when you don't mow your lawn for a month.
Look at the jungle that our front yard turned into.

We had so much fun and we are still not done.  We have my in-laws in town this week and we will be doing more this week.



No comments: